1."A Pilot Study of Yoga for Breast Cancer Survivors"
- Nicole Culos Reed et al , Published in psycho-Oncology,
Vol.15, Issue 10 Dec. 2005
2. "Yoga for Cancer Patients & Survivors" - Bower
J E , Woolery A, Sternlieb B, Garet D, Published in
Journal 'Cancer Control' July 2005.
3. "Integrating Yoga into Cancer Care" - DiStasio,
Published in Clinical Journal of Oncology Nursing, Feb.
4. "Cancer Patients attain better Balance with Yoga"
- Kawanza Newson, The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel June
5. Memorial Sloan Kettering Center - Cancer Information
on Yoga for Cancer Patients. Updated as in July 2008.
6. "Psychological adjustment and sleep quality in a
randomized trail of effects of a Tibetan yoga intervention
in patients with lymphoma" - Cohen L Warneke, et at,
7. "Cancer supportive care, improving quality of life
for cancer patients; a program evaluation report." -
Rosenbaum E et al, Supportive Cancer Care 2004
8. "Restorative Yoga Enhances Quality of Life for
Breast Cancer Patients" - Winston Salem, Wake Forest
University Baptist Medical Center - News - April 18,
9. "Exercise, yoga give breast cancer patients a lift"
- Juravinski Cancer Program - currect literature awareness
in oncology Sep 2007
10. Psychoneuroimmunology - the role of stress in reducing
effectiveness of the immune system in combating infection
and growth of malignant tumours (Boermeester, Ned Tijdschr
11. Practice of meditation is effective in reducing
harmful effects of stress in cancer patients (Coker,
Semin Urol Oncol; 1999).
12. Influence of melatonin to counteract the immuno-depression
induced by acute stress, drug treatment (anticancer
drugs) and viral infections (Conti et al J Pineal Res,
13. Association between meditation practice and levels
of melatonin produced by the pineal gland (Massion et
al, Med Hypotheses, 1995).
14. Yoga as psychological supportive therapy for cancer
patients (Joseph, Indian J Cancer, 1983).
15. James Jewell on Yoga Nidra and how it helps in
cancer management - 2006
16. Note on Yoga Nidra in Idaho Statesman Jan 08 -
highlights how a person could withstand effects of chemotherapy
much better with Yoga Nidra practice
17. Mandukya Upanishad - an ancient vedic text, one
among several Upanishads. 18. Patanjali Yoga Sutra -
Translation by B K S Iyengar.